Fashion

Thursday, February 11, 2010

"I think this is the best costume for today..." -EB

If you haven't seen Grey Gardens, you are missing out on an incredible story of two amazing women... not to mention the great fashion tips like the one below! Here is the REAL Little Edie Beale describing her outfit of the day. Drew Barrymore played Little Edie's role in Grey Gardens which is based on this 1975 documentary (also called Grey Gardens). She was a cousin of Jackie O and completely crazy, which is my favorite thing about her. She was a riot...




And now for MY costume of the day... I know I tend to pick things out from the same handful of places but I just discovered Mod Cloth about two weeks ago and I love all of their stuff! I'm totally crazy about this dress... the colors, the style... everything.


I found these navy tights to go with it. They add a little something with the funky texture, but they are still pretty low key.


I was so excited to find these Jessica Simpson shoes. They are the perfect color to match! She always has great heels... these ones are 4 1/2 inches!


Stay warm in this Michael Kors babydoll peacoat. It's cute but nothing special. It needs a belt, and I don't really like the buttons. It was just a quick find that goes well with the dress.


I forget where I found this necklace... and I don't feel like going back and trying to figure it out. I'm so tired today from doing nothing. Someone get me some chocolate and I'll be back to my perky self in no time. It's really cute though, right? It's probably from Forever 21 or something.



I found these Banana Republic princess cut "diamond" studs on sale for $24 :) They're actually having a President's Day sale right now and there are some great items on sale until 2/15 so check them out!


Lastly, I found this purple purse from Urban Outfitters for $68. It would look cute with this outfit... not something I would normally pick out.



And here's one last nudge for you to see Grey Gardens... ;)







Share

0 comments:

Followers