Fashion

Monday, February 8, 2010

"Dress" with caution...

This just CRACKS me up...

Look at this "dress" people...


I love the style with the sweetheart neckline and the bow on the side. I think it's really cute. But what cracks me up is how they make these shirts that go JUST below your butt and try to call it a dress!! I mean, it's a great marketing tool because I am definitely more likely to spend $25-$30 on "dress" from Forever 21 than I would be to buy a shirt. And I'm sure there are a ton of other girls who have been fooled all this time just like myself... and perhaps shown us a lot more than we want to see. :-o

For example....


Don't bend over, honey!!!! They lied to you! It's NOT really a dress!!!

Needless to say, this is my top today... no worries, there will be pants... very cute pants actually.

These J.Crew premium stretch bistro pants will flatter any girl... especially if you are 7 feet tall like Miss Perfect modeling them here. But don't panic. We haven't gotten to the 5 inch heels yet, you'll be fine. :)


Cover up those shoulders with this very feminine and soft cardigan... another pick from J.Crew.


Next up, ACCESSORIES!
Have you guys ever been to ETSY.COM??? If not, you absolutely must! They have so many amazing and unique handmade items that people will go crazy over! You will be the talk of the office in this adorable headband for only $14! A great deal considering it was handmade and not mass produced in another country.


If you aren't afraid to step out a bit more...


I think it looks VERY cute in this second photo and it's very much the style right now. If you don't believe me, you just wait... 6 months from now you'll probably be donning it yourself saying, "Wow, I never thought I would be wearing this!!"

I chose a very basic style for necklace and earrings. I actually do have these Ralph Lauren pearl earrings and necklace and they are an absolute staple in my wardrobe. When in doubt, just throw on your pearl studs and you're good to go.



And finally, this mustard color runway bow clutch by Jessica Simpson. This outfit definitely needed some color and although I don't always go for this mustard color, this just stood out at me. It also comes in red which is always hot, and goes great with black and white.


Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about the shoes! I found these on amiclubwear.com... very similar to gojane.com... they sell skimpy clothes and cheap fake designer shoes, and their models look like they've just come off of the plastic surgery table. Nevertheless... the shoes are really cute looking, so whatever.


Sidenote about Amiclubwear.com... AWESOME halloween costumes. :)

Okay, I'm off to watch some reruns of Modern Family. LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!
WATCH IT, PEOPLE!
XO





Share

0 comments:

Followers