Fashion

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Everybody's Free to Wear Makeup

Before we get to today's outfit, I need to tell you about a bad experience I had yesterday... a girl's worst nightmare. My only consolation in telling you this is knowing that you may learn from my mistakes and not have this same thing happen to you. And yes, I'm totally being dramatic. ;)

Ok... deep breaths... As I was headed to work yesterday, I met this really outgoing and charasmatic woman. She looked like she was probably in her late 50's or early 60's and couldn't have been nicer. I kept thinking to myself, "Wow, this is such a blessing that I met this woman today. She is so wonderful and positive. She's made my day!"... and then it happened. Just as I'm taking in all her words of wisdom... she guessed my age. She guessed WRONG... 6 years wrong... in the WRONG direction. I wanted to slap her.

Of course she instantly came up with 100 reasons why she could have ever guessed that... "Oh, your hair is pulled back", "Those glasses just make you look so sophisticated", "You're just so mature"! I graciously accepted all of her excuses and went on my not-so-merry way but I couldn't stop thinking about it! When did I crossover into the "I don't want anyone to know my age" age? What was it that was making me look so old!? Someone, CARD ME!! Please!! I'm desperate! This can't be happening!

Later in the day, I looked in the mirror. I was wearing NO makeup. As much as I try to be consistent in getting my makeup on before heading out the door everyday, sometimes I'm just TOO tired and I forget. I am rushing to get ready and I just don't have the time. And that needs to stop now. I'm TOO OLD-LOOKING not to take the time!! I guess what I'm trying to say is that 2 minutes of your time could save you at least 6 years on your life. A little eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip gloss goes a LONG way. Don't let yourself become a victim of a heartless lady like I did. :(

Ok, now to the clothes!!

Look at this Banana Split dress from Lulu! Isn't it so pretty? I just love it... the length, the style, the fabric, everything. The tights below are from forever 21. They are mesh tights but you can't tell by the white mannequin legs that you'll be showing some skin, too, and you will see the cute flower pattern much more clearly.



I hesitated to throw a blazer in the mix with the dress because it's so perfect on it's own, but I actually think this blazer from J.Crew would look really nice with the dress.


And I'm loving these awesome Charles David Meghan shoes! They are originally $145.99 but are now "on sale" for $131.39. Does that sound like a great sale to you?!?!?! NO WAY. That's not even 10% off. LAME. Nevertheless, they're really cute.


I found this great necklace from Nordstrom. It's the perfect color to match the dress and I love the layers.


This bangle from Forever 21 is only $5.80!!! Chunky bangles are so hot right now, and Forever has an amazing selection of them.


Speaking of Forever 21 accessories, here are some great sunglasses, ALSO FOR $5.80! I am amazed by their prices. If you are like me and lose your sunglasses all the time, stick with these cheap little cuties and you won't have to feel bad if you step on them, drop them, lose them in the ocean, etc. :)


And to complete this look, we have this lambskin leather shoulder bag from Etsy.com. I love Etsy. And someday when I add "become crafty" to my list of things to do, I will sell my own handmade things on the site.


Sleep well and remember to love your face... MOISTURIZE!!!
XOXO
Annie Clay


2 comments:

Unknown said...

love that bag x

miss k said...

I know just what you mean about makeup - at least you only skip it occasionally. I am way too comfortable without makeup and my hair in a pony tail. For me it is less about age and more about looking like I care . . .

Followers